Recommended Pre-reading: Shopify – Primaseller Channel Capabilities
Creating a Shopify Channel
After logging in to your Primaseller account, do the following:
- Navigate to Channels from left-side main menu
- On the Channels page, click on ‘Add Channel’ and choose ‘Shopify’
Under create channel, you will have to give the following information:
- Name: Give a name to your Shopify channel. Preferably, the name ‘Shopify’ so that you can easily identify the channel.
- Inventory Source: Choose the facility from which you want to push inventory on to your Shopify channel. Click on the drop down under ‘inventory source’ and choose any, or all facilities.
- If you want to push the actual inventory at a certain facility that you have chosen for Shopify sales, click on ‘Actual Inventory’.
- If you only want to push a certain number of items from that facility, click on ‘Fixed Inventory’. You will be asked to provide the exact inventory count you want pushed to Shopify.
- Order Fulfillment Configuration: Select the facility to which orders will be allocated for fulfillment. By clicking ‘Manually Allocate’ you will be able to allocate orders manually from any facility you wish
- Shipping Configuration: By clicking on ‘Add default shipping cost’, you can add a default shipping cost to all your SKUs. This can be changed later by editing the channel SKU.
- Advanced Configuration: If you choose not to have an inventory update or price update for your product on the Shopify channel, you can choose either, or both, by clicking on the respective boxes
- Invoice Configuration: You can set the date on invoices using this configuration. You will have three options to choose from:
- Current Date: The invoice date will be the invoice creation date.
- Date of sale: The invoice date will be the date on which the order was created.
- Date of shipment creation: The invoice date will be the date on which the shipment for the order was created.
Connect the Channel
To synchronize your webcart built on Shopify with Primaseller, you will be required to give Read and Write access to some of the features on Shopify. For this, please follow these steps:
- Login to Shopify webcart as an admin
- Follow: Apps -> Private Apps -> Create Private App
- Give a suitable title (so that you can recognize that this is for your Primaseller integration)
- Give Read & Write access for at least these functionalities
- Customer details and customer groups
- Fulfillment Services
- Locations (introduced in June 2018 by Shopify) (Read access)
- Orders, transactions and fulfillments.
- Product Information
- Products, variants and collections.
- Click on Save App
Once this is done, a private app would be created and you will get the API Key and Password which you will be required, along with your Host Name, to provide while creating a Shopify channel in Primaseller.
What is my Host Name?
It is the subdomain which you use to access the your shopify admin panel. This is unique for every shopping cart on Shopify.
Structure of Shopify URL: https://www.<Hostname>.myshopify.com/
For Example, if the shopify url is: https://www.liteyrs.myshopify.com/
The Host name in the above example is “liteyrs“. Please use this hostname along with other channel connection information on Primaseller.
Note: please don’t add https, www, myshopify, etc. in the host name field.
Adding Products to the Shopify Channel
Click here to know how to add products and manage listings
Recommended Post Reads