Recommended Pre-reading: WooCommerce – Primaseller Channel Capabilities
Before you start synchronizing WooCommerce and Primaseller, please check which versions of WordPress and WooCommerce your shopping cart is built on. To connect, Primaseller needs:
- WordPress version 4.4 or above
- WooCommerce: 2.6.x or above
In case your WooCommerce/WordPress versions are older than these, please contact us at email@example.com
If you have the required version, you can start with creating a channel and synchronizing it.
Creating a WooCommerce Channel
After logging in to your Primaseller account, please do the following:
- Navigate to Channels from left-side main menu
- On the Channels page, click on ‘Add Channel’ and choose ‘WooCommerce’
In the create channel page for WooCommerce, you will have to provide the following information:
- Name: Give a name to your WooCommerce channel. Preferably, the name ‘WooCommerce’ unless you have multiple WooCommerce accounts in which case you can number them accordingly
- Inventory Source: Choose the facility from which you want to push inventory on to your WooCommerce channel. Click on the drop down under ‘inventory source’ and choose any, or all facilities.
- If you want to push the actual inventory at a certain facility that you have chosen for WooCommerce sales, click on ‘Actual Inventory’.
- If you only want to push a certain number of items from that facility, click on ‘Fixed Inventory’. You will be asked to provide the exact inventory count you want pushed to WooCommerce.
- Order Fulfillment Configuration: Select the facility to which orders will be allocated for fulfillment. By clicking ‘Manually Allocate’ you will be able to allocate orders manually from any facility you wish
- Shipping Configuration: By clicking on ‘Add default shipping cost’, you can add a default shipping cost to all your SKUs. This can be changed later by editing the channel SKU.
- Advanced Configuration: If you choose not to have an inventory update or price update for your product at WooCommerce channel, you can choose either, or both, by clicking on the respective boxes
- Invoice Configuration: You can set the date on invoices using this configuration. You will have three options to choose from:
- Current Date: The invoice date will be the invoice creation date.
- Date of sale: The invoice date will be the date on which the order was created.
- Date of shipment creation: The invoice date will be the date on which the shipment for the order was created.
Connect the Channel
Generate an API Key for Primaseller from WooCommerce :
- From your WordPress dashboard’s left-side panel, click on WooCommerce >> Settings
- From the tabs on the top, click on API (check this article for a more detailed guide to enable API)
- If the Enable the REST API checkbox is unchecked, please check it and click on Save Changes
- In the links below the top row of tabs, click on the link, Keys/Apps
- Click on Add Key to generate a new key to connect Primaseller
- Enter “Primaseller App” in the description, and select a user who will own these keys (we recommend that you add a user with Administrator privileges), and select Read/Write against the Permissions option
- Click on Generate API Key next. Please note the Consumer Key and Consumer Secret safely as WooCommerce will not show you these values again
On Primaseller: Click on Channels >> WooCommerce >> Provide Connection Credentials
- Type in your store’s URL in the text box on the left. Ensure that you do not enter a trailing “/” character at the end of the URL. Please ensure that you have enabled SSL on your Woocommerce store or else we wouldn’t be able to sync data with Primaseller. If you access your store-front with “https://”, then you are all set. If not, please contact your store admin to enable SSL
- Paste the Consumer Key in the text box on the left labelled, Consumer Key
- Paste the Consumer Secret in the text box on the left labelled, Consumer Secret
- Click on Connect
Managing WooCommerce Listings
Click here to know how to add products and manage listings
Recommended Post Reads