A Channel SKU is an entry in the Channel Catalog which depicts your SKU in your channel with prices and codes specific for that channel.
- Click on Products icon from the left menu
- Go to the Channel catalog Tab
SKU Code, Seller SKU Code and Channel SKU Code
Each row is a Channel SKU record which has the following key codes:
- SKU Code – Your unique code to identify the product
- Seller SKU Code – The Code you have used to list your product on a particular channel – it may be different from your SKU Code internally if your coding methodology evolved since you listed it. However, ideally it should be the same as your SKU Code.
- Channel SKU Code – This is a code that is auto-generated by the channel itself and this is how the channel identifies your product
Let’s understand the need for the three codes in the following examples.
Example 1: Say you are selling a Pen and you use a code “ABC101” for it in your warehouse (local system). When you list it on Amazon you use “ABC101_MFN” as your SKU code and Amazon generates “B09BDFE85” as ASIN for that product.
In this case
- ABC101 will be your SKU code which is reference point of your inventory
- ABC101_MFN is the Seller SKU code as listed by you on Amazon and
- B09BDFE85 will be the Channel SKU code for this product for Amazon Channel in Primaseller.
Example 2: Now, assume that you are selling the same product on eBay as well. On eBay, when you upload the product, you give the SKU code as “ABC101_EBay” and eBay generates an Item Id “1212432546454” for it.
This will make
- ABC101 will remain as the SKU code which is reference point of your inventory
- ABC101_Ebay as the Seller SKU code and
- 1212432546454 as the Channel SKU code generated by eBay for your product
Now, consider that you are also selling on Amazon.com and via your own shopping cart which is built on Magento. The Primaseller SKU code remains the same in all the cases. It will be “ABC101”. You may / may not use same Seller SKU code on each marketplace.
Pricing for Channels
The Listing Price and Selling price on the channel catalog are unique for that specific channel. This means that you can have unique pricing for each channel. Editing Prices on the channel catalog does not impact other channels.
However, if you want to impact prices across channels, you can edit pricing with the following steps:
- Navigate to Products-> Search and Open product Details -> SKUs
- Actions -> Edit SKU
- Change Listing Price and Selling Price
- Select the checkbox: Update Listing and Selling Price on all Channel Listings
- Click on Save
Inventory Reporting on Channel
You can also control for each SKU whether the Inventory is reported from actual stock or a fixed number from the channel catalog.
Learn about managing FBA(Fulfilled By Amazon) and MFN (Merchant Fulfilled Network) Channel SKUs here.