Please read up about the capabilities of the Primaseller – QuickBooks Online integration before proceeding.
Setup required in QuickBooks Online
In order to setup the integration in Primaseller, you need to configure both your QuickBooks Online Account first with the following:
- Enable Classes: Click on Settings >> Account & Settings >> Advanced >> Categories
- Track Classes – On (Select the sub-option that says One to entire transaction )
- Track Locations – On
- Sales Fields enablement: Click on Settings >> Account & Settings >> Sales >> Sales form content
- Discount – ON
- Shipping – ON
- Custom Transaction No’s – ON
- Products & Services – Track Qty in Hand – ON
- Purchase Settings: Settings >> Account & Settings >> Expenses
- Track expenses & items by customer
- Use purchase orders
- Enable Tax on QuickBooks:
- Go to tax menu on the left
- Click on Setup Tax
- Enter tax registration no (optional) & choose the filing period for your taxes (Click next & finish)
- It is preferable that the Tax class names are the same on QuickBooks Online & Primaseller. However, even if it is different, you can map it in the configurations
- Inventory Asset Account Creation for all Products (only if the account doesn’t already exist)
- Go to Settings >> Lists >> Products and Services
- Create a new product/edit an existing one (Product Type: Inventory)
- Enable the field –
- Save & Close
Initial Setup Required in Primaseller
Before configuring your QuickBooks Online account, please ensure your invoice number sequence being generated in Primaseller does not conflict with any existing invoices in QuickBooks or invoices that you may create in QuickBooks manually.
You can configure invoice number sequences in Primaseller from:
Settings-> Invoice Configurations -> Sequence Numbers
Configuring your QuickBooks Account in Primaseller
- Navigate to Accounting from the left main-menu
- Click on Add New Accounting Software button and select QuickBooks
- Click on the Connect to QuickBooks button
- You will be asked to enter your QuickBooks Online account credentials
- You will then be asked to give Primaseller permission to manage the transfer of data
- Confirm by clicking on Authorize
- Click on Next
2. Sync Config
In the Sync Config screen, you will be asked to choose what items you want to sync in Primaseller.
3. Map Accounts
In this screen, you will need to map QuickBooks Accounts to entries which will be created from Primaseller.
We recommend that you use the QuickBooks accounts that we have selected in the above image for your integration as well – this ensures the right entries in standard accounts.
However, we are not Licensed Tax and Accounting experts and we recommend you speak with your CPA/CA about it.
4. Map Payments
When Primaseller creates Payments, it will need Accounts that will be linked to the corresponding Payment Methods. Please map them accordingly.
5. Map Taxes
Please map Tax Classes in Primaseller to Tax Codes in QuickBooks
6. Update Products
Please choose this option to do a one-time sync of Products in Primaseller to QuickBooks online. Subsequently, all Products will be automatically synced with QuickBooks upon creation.
Please select the second option in case you had previously connected QuickBooks and disconnected only to connect it now again.
7. Select Start date and Sync
Select a start date for the Sync of all Invoices, Payments, Purchase Orders and Bills to be Synced from Primaseller to QuickBooks.
Once the date is selected, click on Sync to initiate the automatic Sync of transactions.
Once you are connected, you can see the status of sync for all objects from the Accounting Menu.