A customer is an entity that can be created
- independently or
- while creating a POS or B2B order or
- While downloading an online order.
Customer Uniqueness Criteria
Each Customer must have a phone or an email. This parameter can be set from Settings -> Customers.
Please note that this parameter also decides
- Default Value for Customer Code – a unique code to identify a customer. Can be overridden by any other unique alphanumeric string.
- Default search parameter for Customers on the POS Order Create Screen.
Creating Customers Directly
Click on the Customers tab on the left menu.
You can add customers in two ways to Primaseller:
- Upload customers using an excel sheet, or
- Add a single customer
Creating Customers via POS
While creating a POS order you can choose to either
- Leave the Customer Fields completely empty so that a default customer is set
- Either add the Name and Phone or Name and email depending on the uniqueness criteria set as the minimum data required to create a customer
Bulk Upload Customers
Follow these steps to upload a list of customers:
- Click on the arrow on the button, Download Excel.
- In the drop-down menu that appears, select Upload Excel.
- In the pop-up that appears, click on Download Sample File to download the sample customer list and fill the necessary fields. Once you are done, click on Browse to select the file from the computer and then click on Upload.
- In case you want to cancel uploading the file, click on the cross or Cancel.
Add a Single Customer
- To add a single customer, click on Add Customer.
- Next, enter the customer’s details in the respective fields and click on Save to save the details entered.
- In case you want to cancel the process and return to the customers tab, click on Cancel.
Editing Customer Details
To edit the details of a particular customer, follow these steps:
- Search for the customer using his/her email or phone in the search box provided or manually find the customer from the list.
- Click on the Name of the customer to edit.
- A new page opens where you can edit the details of the customer. Once you are done, click on Save.
- Click on Cancel to cancel the process and return to the Customers tab.
To download the list of existing customers, click on Download Excel.