How to Get FedEx Meter Number
FedEx uses FedEx Meter Number as a method of identification for your negotiated shipping rates and to track your tracking requests.
- Sign in to your FedEx account at the FedEx Developer Resource Center via http://www.fedex.com/us/developer/
- On the menu on the left, click on the link, FedEx Web Services. When the nested menu expands, click on Move to Production.
- Scroll down until you see the Get Production Key link. Click on this link.
- You will need to fill out the FedEx registration form before you can get your FedEx Meter Number. Click on Continue after filling the form.
- Accept the License Agreement.
- Fill in your contact information in the page that follows and click on Continue
- Continue through the Developer Info page, and then get your Meter Number in the final step.
- Save this FedEx Meter Number as this has to be used on Primaseller to connect your FedEx account with Primaseller.
How to Get FedEx Production Number
Follow these steps to obtain your FedEx Production number
- Go to the FedEx Developer Resource Center at FedEx and log in using the same login and password you use to access fedex.com
Note: If you do not already have a login, you can create one by clicking on the “Register Now” link below the Login button. You do not require a FedEx Express® account number to create a fedex.com user ID.
- Once logged in, click on Technical Resources and then select the FedEx Web Services for Shipping option.
- You get two options here:
- If you need Test credentials, select the option, Develop and Test your Application.
- If you need Production credentials, select the option, Move to Production.
- Depending on the option chosen, select Obtain Developer Test Key or Obtain Production Key
- Fill the required information and follow the steps to confirm your selection.
- On successful completion, the last page will contain your key along with some other information. Please save your key for future reference.
- The remaining information will be sent to you at the email address you provided in the registration form. You will need all four pieces of information (Key, Password, Account Number, and Meter Number) in order to work with FedEx Web Services.
- Provide these credentials on Primaseller to connect your application with FedEx Web Services.