Primaseller allows you to cancel an order (Online or B2B only) either
- completely (by marking all order items as canceled), or
- partially (only a few order items are marked as canceled)
An order can be canceled only before the shipments, corresponding to the order, are marked as shipped. Once the Shipments are marked as Shipped, they can only be Rejected or Delivered.
The successful cancellation of an order also depends on the channel that the order belongs to. There can be channels which don’t allow vendors to cancel orders from their end and attempts made to cancel orders can be rejected. In such cases, you will need to separately raise cancellation requests with the channel.
Steps to cancel an order
- To reach the orders summary screen, click on the Online Orders menu. Click on the B2B menu, if you want to cancel a B2B order)
- To cancel an order, all you need to do is to click the cross button corresponding to that particular order
- A pop-up will open asking you to confirm the cancellation. Even if one of the order items in that order is already canceled, shipped, or is in the post-shipped stage, you will receive the message, “One or more items in this order cannot be canceled. Pick and cancel items individually from the order details screen” along with the link to take you to the order details, to continue with the cancellation process. You may also choose to abort the action then and there. If you choose to proceed, you will be taken to the order details screen where you can select the order item(s) (and in what quantity) you want to cancel.
- To cancel an order item you need to click on the order number to which the order item belongs. You can select the order item(s) you want to cancel from the next screen that pops up.
Note, an order item can be canceled only if it hasn’t been shipped yet.
Effect of canceling order items on the invoice
All the canceled order items will be removed from the invoice and only the active order items will be displayed on the invoice. In case all the order items are canceled (i.e. the complete order is canceled), the invoice, if generated, will stand as null and void.
Effect of canceling order items on shipments
If an order item is canceled after being added to a shipment, it will be removed from the shipment and the remaining shipment remains as is.
If that order item was the only active order item in the shipment, then the shipment will be discarded.
Effect of canceling order items on inventory
On cancellation of an order item, the inventory will be added back to the facility from which it was deducted.
In case the order item was force-fulfilled, inventory will not be affected.
Q. I selected the order and tried to cancel it, but the process failed. Why?
A. An order cancellation can fail due to the following reasons:
- The channel to which the order item belongs doesn’t allow the vendor to cancel the items from their end
- The channel doesn’t allow partial cancellation of an order and you were trying to cancel only some of the order items
- The order items are being processed (i.e. in shipped or post shipped stage) and cannot be cancelled now
- There was a technical issue during the cancellation
A message citing the reason for the cancellation failing is displayed on the screen.
Q. I want to cancel an order but I am unable to find the cancel button. What to do?
A. Please check the order status. Only the orders which are not yet shipped can be cancelled.
The cancellation option can even be disabled/hidden for the orders of a few channels which don’t allow cancellation even if shipper has been assigned or pick up has been scheduled.
Q. I have marked a few order items as cancelled on Primaseller, will they be marked as cancelled on Amazon (or any other online channel) as well?
A. It depends. Some marketplaces/online channels let you cancel orders via APIs and some don’t. Channels which allow cancellation via API will be updated with the cancelled orders. When you try to cancel orders of channels which do not allow such activity, you will be notified during the cancellation flow.
Q. One of the orders has been marked as cancelled on Amazon. Will the order be updated automatically on Primaseller or will I have to do it manually?
A. Yes. It will be updated and marked as cancelled on Primaseller automatically.
Q. In the above case, if the answer is ‘Yes’, what will happen to the inventory level of that product on Primaseller?
A. It will be added back (i.e. re-stocked)
Q. Can I cancel a POS order (or an order-item from it)?
A. No. As soon as a POS order is created, it is treated as completed, which is equivalent to the status of a delivered online order. You can still mark the order (or order items) as Returned.